[OM] Re: 15V release (Was Re: Really stupid question .........)

Subject: [OM] Re: 15V release (Was Re: Really stupid question .........)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:49:19 +0000
> Does that mean some of the images in your slide show are upside down? ;-)
>
> Steve Troy

Almost never upside down, but often sideways!

Now that I've rearranged the "home office" for more retirement-appropriate
pursuits, one of my favorite new features is the permanently set up, plugged in
and ready-to-go-anytime Kodak Carousel slide projector.  It sits on a shelf at
exactly the right height, directly across the room from the wall-mounted,
pull-down screen, which, when pulled down, serves the dual purpose of being
both a screen and an opaque covering over the only window in the room, adding
even more darkening than the closed blinds provide.

When a batch of new trannies come back from processing, I simply plop them into
the stack loader, close the blinds, turn off the lights, pull down the screen,
turn on the projector, take the remote control in one hand, an appropriate
beverage in the other, and see what I've got.  Seldom, though, is anything
upside down.  The verticals end up horizontal, either this way or that, but a
quick "eject" on the projector and a reorientation and reinsertion solves the
problem.  So far, I've managed to avoid pouring any of the beverage into the
projector, though there have been a couple of close calls.

This procedure beats the heck out of bending over and squinting through a loupe
on a lightbox to see what's worth keeping and what goes in the trash.

Walt