[OM] Re: Some of my last OM photos :-(

Subject: [OM] Re: Some of my last OM photos :-(
From: "David Irisarri" <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 16:18:28 +0200
Dear sir,
Sorry if you were offended by my stupid words talking about autofocus.
It seems I don´t apreciate Olympus OM equipment like you but I always
tried to do my best in every photo I took with my OM1n and OM4T.
I know that you cannot optimize depth of field, focusing to hyperfocal
distance with Digital Zuikos vs old ones but I would like to say (if you
don´t
mind) that for taking good portraits, autofocus is always needed. Of
course, you can take good portraits with manual focus but if someone
tells you, please in two hours I need a good portrait of this person is
different.
I am going to tell you something more interesting. If I really wanted the
best autofocus system do you think I´ll buy E-system? But if you really
love light metering, contrast and sharpness, dynamic range, colour
rendition and accuracy and you follow the steps of one person who one
day wrote "expose for the shadows and work for the highlights", why
can I think in only one camera in the market?

Again, I am very sorry. I think it would be better to leave like Ob*n

Best regards,

Dave