[OM] Re: OM1N cell not working

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1N cell not working
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:50:50 -0700
The original CRIS adapters used 357/SR44W batteries. At some point, they
switched to 386 batteries. The 357 is 5.4mm thick while the 386 is 4.2mm
thick. I assume they made the change to the thinner battery to make
production of the adapter easier/cheaper. I can see why a 386 might not
work properly in an older adapter. It is less clear why a 357 might not
work properly in a newer style adapter. It is likely to do with the
camera not getting along with a 'battery' 1.2mm thicker than it was
designed for.

Moose