[OM] Re: E-1 and OM Autobellows -- Sample Image

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 and OM Autobellows -- Sample Image
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:47:07 -0700
on 4/27/04 2:30 PM, Cyrtolite@xxxxxxx at Cyrtolite@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi, Jim.  The field of view is about 2-3mm so it's quite a bit more
> magnification than 2X -- more like 6X from specimen size to E-1 image sensor
> size but, now that I think about it, I thought I was getting more
> magnification than that so maybe the specimen size is more like 1mm.  I'll
> have to take another look at it.
>
> This was taken with the bellows about fully extended and with a 25mm extension
> tube between the E-1 and bellows.
>
> Scott Whittemore

Wow! Truly making visible the nearly invisible... those mineral crystals, if
FOV is ~2mm then they are nearly the size of grains of sand. I thought that
the E-1 did a very good job with them, and having the immediate feedback of
digital probably makes doing such highly technical macro shooting more
certain. I have a bellows and macro lenses, but I've hardly ever tried to
get beyond 1:1 on anything... maybe I'll have to 'burn' some film just to
see what I can see. <g>
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...