[OM] Re: Silver nosed Zuiko lenses (24mm)?

Subject: [OM] Re: Silver nosed Zuiko lenses (24mm)?
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarriors@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:46:04 -0700 (PDT)
Chris,

I own only two silver-nose Zuikos, a 50/1.4 an a 35/2.8 (and I have use of a
company-owned 28/2.8).  I do not hesitate a minute to use any of them.  I used
the 35 two weeks ago for a night sounding rocket launch and it performed just
fine - even with passing highway traffic trying to contribute to flare.  So,
no, I don't believe there is any real practical difference.

Gary Edwards

www.peopleplacesflight.com
www.flightpixels.com

"Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Chris:

I think the regular resource guys are out having fun, so I will try to fill
in. First I would say that the silvernose lenses are good but generally less
valued as they are mostly Single Coated and some dislike the look. The Multi
Coating is most advantageous on wide angle lenses as was pointed out. Below
are some great sites to explore. If you have a chance to aquire a silvernose
at a good price then I wouldn't hold back, if price is less important then a
later MC lens will be more resistant to flare.

Gord

http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html#wide
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/shared/zuiko/index.htm
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html#ques_B21