[OM] Re: OT: Airline Travel Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Airline Travel Bags
From: R.Jackson <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:40:36 -0700
I don't care for the straps on my Mini-Trekker, either. You know,
Porta-Brace knows how to put a strap on their bags. Their straps are
chamois and about 3" wide. I wish Lowe would follow that model,
especially with bags that are going to end up weighing a lot fully
loaded. Also, all those little plastic pulls on the zippers of my MT
have been breaking and coming off. It's no biggie, really. The zippers
didn't really need little plastic and cloth pulls threaded through them
in the first place, but if they were going to go to the trouble of
installing them at the factory I wish they'd have made them a little
more durable. Given the nature of the retail photography market,
though, I imagine that about 9 out of 10 of these bags end up sitting
in a closet somewhere where the gee-gaws will last forever. Too bad you
can't order a "Mini-Trekker: For People Who Actually Use It" Edition.
;-)