[OM] Re: How to batter your OM

Subject: [OM] Re: How to batter your OM
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:26:37 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Wesson"
> I'm also of the school of thought that says worn is good.  OM cameras are
the mark of a seriously cool photographer, and a battered OM tells you that
this photographer is the coolest of the cool.>

Wanting to be cool too, I realize that I have 2 sickly new looking OM 4's a
ridiculously new looking OM 1 and a too well cared for OM 1n.  What to do?

Tumbledrying the four bodies together got some wonderful results but was far
too loud. Camera races down the stairs was fun and exciting to see which
camera would master the the bump and grind of the steps, a lot of speed is
gained by using a smaller lens, the 300/4.5 was really a detriment to
achieving a good stair run. Removing the inner liners and seperating
cushioning in your camera bag will work over time. There are also chemical
products like paint stripper that will  efficiently remove paint but you
will have to still add nicks, dings and dents manually. Got ideas? Send them
in.

Gord