[OM] Re: repainting/repairing paint work on a om3 (black)

Subject: [OM] Re: repainting/repairing paint work on a om3 (black)
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:03:04 +0100
Welcome to the list!  I'm also of the school of thought that says worn
is good.  If you cared what other people thought of your camera you'd
have a plastic autofocus autoeverything wonderbrick!  OM cameras are the
mark of a seriously cool photographer, and a battered OM tells you that
this photographer is the coolest of the cool.

If you're dead set on a repaint though, you might ask some repair people
if they'd be able to do the job.  Colchester Cameras have often been
recommended here by UK members, and Luton cameras too I think.

I did a course at QM (QMW as it was then) during my undergraduate
degree.  In each year my department would discount the worst of your
eight course unit marks, so each year I would decide which course I
liked the least and then fail gloriously, allowing me to spend more time
on the other seven.  Unfortunately the course I did at QM was one of
failures, my percentage was only just in double figures, so I don't dare
show my face in that part of east London any more.

Roger