[OM] Re: repainting/repairing paint work on a om3 (black)

Subject: [OM] Re: repainting/repairing paint work on a om3 (black)
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:22:25 +0100 (BST)
I forgot to make was what with people
> seeing us use these OLD, manual most-everything cameras and already
> thinking... :
> "Look at that poor guy using that old camera. Poor guy can't afford a new
> digital."  Add to the equation that the camera actually has paint missing
> from it,.....................

I agree in general about not caring what other people think.
I have no problems walking around with a non digital camera non-latest
model X. I just feel a little sad when it looks so tatty... I play lp
records and have a hifi picked for sound and not for looks it varies in
age from late 1950 (value amps) to mid 1960s (speakers) (1980)s pre amp
and modern arm, power supply, cartridge - all different shapes and colours
plus plenty of wires looks - like a pile of junk - I don't care sounds the
way I want it to! others hate it because it does not have a graphic
equaliser, room effects or fancy led displays... once they have listen to
it different story.

Regards
James (hifi nut and fledging olympus-a-holic)