[OM] Re: OT: Digi, Large 22M CCD's

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Digi, Large 22M CCD's
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:14:01 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Winsor Crosby" <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> My understanding too, without the technical background. Some camera
> makers have tried to mask noise of reduced pixel size with unadvertised
> built in noise reduction. While it works to a point by making skies
> look smooth(and those squares on Gretag cards), it leaves a fingerprint
> of reduced detail in areas of low contrast.

This exactly happen on the images I have seen on some Fuj* DCs, I perfer to
have more noise rather than this un-natural look. I heard from my friend his
M*niota 7i also have this problem. The Olympus 5050 at ISO400 also feature
noise reduction, I never use it, I perfer to shoot at ISO200 and let it
under one stop if I need the speed.

C.H.Ling