[OM] Re: sticky shutter

Subject: [OM] Re: sticky shutter
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:19:56 -0400
Actually, OM-10 improvements came at serial number 2,000,000.  This included
modular shutter with metal curtain shafts (vs. plastic), relocation of the
shutter magnet to the front of the camera (where it still gets contaminated
with oil).
One way to check if camera is new style:  open back, fire shutter on B, look
at floor of mirror box :  there should be a screw hole visible near back of
mirror box floor cover.
Yes, I suggest any 2N or 1N over a 10.  G/20 are okay but suffer from some
of the same OM-10 maladies (Though a G/20 is really a rebadged type 2 OM-10,
with built in manual speeds)

John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.