[OM] Re: Digital or no Digital? was Group membership and contributions

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital or no Digital? was Group membership and contributions
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 05:53:59 -0400
It's the grain, baby  :)

The enlargements of the 35mm showed obvious grain.
The enlargements of the D100 showed none.

Big difference.

The Nikon glass is good, but I still think the Zuiko 90/2 macro is better
than the Nikkor 60/2.8 Micro (which becomes a 90/2.8).  The bokeh is just
smoother on the Zuiko.  It's the one lens I'd like to still be able to use,
but just couldn't live with stop down metering.

The web, of course, cannot show detail, but this is a 60/2.8 image.  Just
shows sharpness, as there is no background to bokeh (so to speak).  This is
right out of the camera, no sharpening.

http://www.scalesfamily.com/images/Tom/MacroPages/pages/DSC_0308.htm

Tom