[OM] Re: OT A2, was OM-E-System Adapter status in the U.S.

Subject: [OM] Re: OT A2, was OM-E-System Adapter status in the U.S.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 07:26:41 -0700 (PDT)
I would've, could've, should've bought the A2 instead of the A1,
but couldn't bring myself to spending the extra $450.  I will
state that with both of them, noise is an issue.  However...

The A1's ISO 100 speed is actually 160.
The A2's ISO 64 speed is actually something like 100.

Why Minolta has chosen to deflate the sensitivity numbers is
beyond me.

I've been doing some Noise-Reduction testing.  30 Second
exposures.  It works pretty well.  Post processing with a filter
that looks for hot pixels cleans it up almost completely.

AG