[OM] Re: Why Film instead of Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Why Film instead of Digital
From: "Bolty" <boldbolty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 11:59:34 +1000
I loved what you wrote here Ken!
Got me thinking too!!!... I have my OM kit and my Canon kit now and a
Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400. I was all set on looking at selling the OM
gear to help purchase a Canon 300D to go with the other Canon Gear... But
you know what... There is no doubt in my mind that through all the modern
superiority of features that are available on today's cameras (Film and
Digital)... Cameras like the OM-4 have always yielded some of my better and
most favourite images. I guess it is because you slow yourself down and take
the time to set the camera how you want it!.. Also having multi spot
metering and auto exposure to 4 mins is unheard of now in today's cameras.
My exposures from my OM-4 when using slide are far superior to that from my
EOS 50... I guess that may be also from experience but I find that I can
pretty much take the one shot on the Olympus and know that my exposure will
be good, where as, in tricky lighting conditions I am always bracketing the
shots on the Canon!
Just a little more food for thought on this topic!
Cheers Adam