[OM] Re: Butchering a Zuiko...

Subject: [OM] Re: Butchering a Zuiko...
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 17:01:44 -0400
That lens lock system is probably the worst engineering Oly ever did.  The
lens lock button pushes against a leaf spring (metal). Leaf spring has 2
holes in it.  Spring is pushed down over 2 plastic studs inside lens mount
and plastic studs are melted down on top of spring. So spring tension is
always pushing against sides if plastic pins. Then pins break off.
Remove spring, scrape off remaining plastic studs, drill center with  1mm
drill, insert 1.4mm screw with large, thin,  flat head.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714