[OM] sticky shutter question

Subject: [OM] sticky shutter question
From: carlos martinez <pottyman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 20:11:13 -0700
I have a problem with my OM 10. the shutter is sticking
I shot three rolls the other day for a class and all the pictures came
out half black. the left side of the shutter seems to have stayed stuck
about half way out. Any ideas on what causes this and can it be
easilly fixed?? I played with it a bit and it now seems to be better
although every once in a while the cutain will stick about 1/8 inch out.

On a previous assignment on which I shot three
rolls the second roll had the same problem, but only on about
10 frames, and since the third roll didn't have any problems I thought
it was a one time problem that had cleared itself up, obviously not.
Thanx
Carlos