[OM] Oly IS; was: Why E1 over others?

Subject: [OM] Oly IS; was: Why E1 over others?
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:26:12 EST
re: AG's comments about IS:
The only digital camera I own is an Oly 2100 UZ that I bought specifically
for the extra long zoom and image stabilization. I think it and the short-lived
RS 100 (?) were the only IS cameras that Oly produced. I'll have to testify to
the effectiveness of the IS even at long focal lengths (the 2100 goes to
380mm in 35mm-equivalent terms). If only it had higher resolution (it's 2 MP).
Anyone know the story behind why Olympus didn't continue with IS technology,
since they had it at one time?
Greg