[OM] Re: external ambient/flash/reflected Lightmeters

Subject: [OM] Re: external ambient/flash/reflected Lightmeters
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:01:08 -0500
Hi -

Apologies if I'm covering any previous comments; I'm just recovering from
"indigestion".

I've used a Sekonic L398 for a long time, and like it a lot. As for the
model Earl mentioned, no batteries! Ever! I mainly use it for incident
measurement, as then I don't have to worry about light/dark subjects as much
(unless they're so light/dark as to fall off the film). As long as the light
is steady, I can measure once and then keep shooting. It can do reflected,
but it doesn't do flash.

I recently got a used Sekonic 508 so that I could do flash and spot as well.
Both features have been very handy - I wish I'd bought one before. It takes
AA cells.

Andrew

on 2004/03/30 6:44 AM, edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx