[OM] Does "anal retentive" have a hyphen?

Subject: [OM] Does "anal retentive" have a hyphen?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:50:43 +0000
Reading the posts that appeared after the List was revived today has made it
much easier to identify the anal-retentive ("Test, test!"), the paranoid ("Have
I been excommunicated?") and others who may actually have a real life, and who,
knowing that it happens sometimes, just remained calm and checked their e-mail
every hour.  Or every two hours.  Or only morning, noon and night.  Or maybe
got up in the middle of the night to see if things were back to normal, then
tossed and turned after being told "You have 0 new messages."

I was cool.  I was in the morning, noon and night group and slept quite well.
Did get up a little early today, though.

Thanks, Thomas.  Peace.

Walt