[OM] Re: EOS > Zuiko adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: EOS > Zuiko adapter
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:50:45 -0500
Cc: I@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ian,

Did you call Olympus UK directly?  I have a hard time believing that they won't
offer the adapter in a similar way that Olympus Japan and Olympus America have.

As an alternative, there is a third-party adapater available already for OM
lenses to fit the E-1 along with Nikon, Pentax Screwmount, and a couple others.
 (Remember, the local Olympus distributors aren't going to support the
give-away OM-to-E-System adapters, so there's little difference except for
price.)   Likely it's made by the same company that made the MA-1.

Don't jump ship to Canon just for a $175 item.  The E-1 is very nice.  Granted,
IT IS NOT the equal of the 1D Mk II, but it's also far less money.

Skip