[OM] Re: [OM](OT)Want to clean my cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM](OT)Want to clean my cameras
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:20:31 EST
David,

I've used cleaners such as "Fantastik" , but lately I found something under
the kitchen sink which I used with great success- something called "Awesome"
'concentrated cleaner, degreaser, spot remover.' Instructions state to normally
dilute it 1:1 with water, but also says used straight it removes smoke
'nicotine' stains. I use it straight on the white words or colored lens
markings,
makes them look like new.

Main thing to remember is to put it on a cloth sparingly. Don't get it into
the camera's openings, and don't use anything that'll leave lint behind. No
paper towels, etc. After I'm all done, I 'polish' everything with a cloth
diaper.
I keep the cloths in my camera bag too, and wipe everything down after an
outdoor shoot.

George S.