[OM] Re: Fill-Flash Questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Fill-Flash Questions
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:45:49 +0100

That sounds a bit like the system one uses with an iS-3000 (iS-3). On its
own the is-3000 uses Super-FP flash when in portrait mode, but I use it
most often with the additional G-40 flash. The G40 is used for bounce
flash, and the internal iS-3000 flash is used for direct flash - output is
automatically reduced by three stops. This double flash system can not use
Super-FP flash, but gives great results.
Results from this combination are usually better than those I achieve with
my OM-4Ti and T32 or F280.

Roger Key

Chuck wrote:

Yes, I was recommending Vivitar 550-FD as a small, inexpensive TTL flash
with bounce. Cameta Camera had one on their list a few days ago for USD
15.  I frequently put a T-32 on a BG-2 bounced off ceiling and walls for
broad shadow killing fill and a 550-FD into the hot shoe on a 2s pointed
at subject or at ceiling between camera and subject.

Chuck Norcutt