[OM] Re: Silly Film Question

Subject: [OM] Re: Silly Film Question
From: "Graham Battison" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:15:54 -0000
From: "Chuck Norcutt" <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 16 March 2004 20:48

> My question is:  What percentage of your shots are "I take them as and
> when I see them on my walks" vs a pre-visualized shot as in "I'm going
> to come back to this very spot two hours after sunrise tomorrow"?
>
> Chuck Norcutt

---------------------------------------

Hi Chuck,
Pretty much all of them are as is. I don't worry much about missed shots due
to lousy weather, blank sky or whatever because I walk them all again from
time to time. I do occasionally make a mental note that a certain spot would
be a good shot if the weather/sky/time of year were more appropriate. In
more general terms there are walks that I remember for their lack of photo
opportunities and they get preference when conditions are good.

I can only ever remember returning once to a specific spot. I shot this on
one week and posted it even thought the sky was drab
http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Easton_Maudit.html

A week or so later I was sat at home and what had been a lousy day suddenly
opened up into sunshine and cloud. The location is only about ten minutes
from my house so I popped out and shot these versions:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Easton_Maudit2.html
http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Easton_Maudit7.html

--Graham