[OM] Re: Woe is Me - and Why Go Digital?

Subject: [OM] Re: Woe is Me - and Why Go Digital?
From: "jamesfc@xxxxxxx" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:49:24 -0500
Since I just started using CS, I wasn't sure, but I double checked and
Photoshop will batch process RAW images.  So, I'll go back to my original
statement that I really don't believe white balance is all that important
when shooting in RAW format.  I'll try an experiment with my E-10 and bring
in some images purposely shot with and without the 'correct' white balance
and then post process them in PS.  If you have 500 images shot under
similiar lighting, just adjust the first one and batch process the rest.

I'll post a link to the results.

Incidentally, I recently had a job to take some digital photos of a leopard
at a private big cat sanctuary and discovered after taking a dozen shots or
so that the E-10 had accidentally been set for 3200 K lighting.  Of course,
those images appeared quite blue when I brought them into PS, but I used
the drop down box in the RAW import to select daylight white balance and
the images were perfect!  That's when I began to question if white balance
really matters if you are shooting in the RAW format.

Jim Caldwell