[OM] Re: [OT] Epson printer

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Epson printer
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:06:34 -0800

At 03:23 PM 3/12/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I know asking questions about an Epson printer is definitely off topic...

That is _not_ an example of an off-topic query. SUVs, stereo gear, guns,
etc. qualify, but printers do not, or for that matter anything related to
photography in general. I can't speak for Thomas, who (very ably)
administers this list, but I think common sense (and history bears this
out) would indicate that a list of this nature will, by both definition and
common interest of its membership devote itself primarily to talk re the
greater OM camera system, but as a practical matter all sorts of stuff is
going to crop up which touches on the rather broader topic of photography
in general and this material is, as rule, interesting, informative and more
or less pertinent. Questions about printers is the perfect example. For
example, going a year ago I queried this list for opinions of printers and
based on almost immediate feedback from a couple of list members whose
opinions I value I bought, within the week, an Epson 2200 . . . and
couldn't happier that I did so.

Anyway, lists of this nature, if properly looked after (and this one has
been since I joined back in the spring of 2001) tend to drift "off" topic
and "off topic" and OFF TOPIC! just as a natural course of things, and far
from threatening the life of the list these back sloughs of meandering
(sometimes) thoughts only add (for my taste) to the camaraderie (and
romance, if I may be that poetic--sappy? <g>) of this space and place on
the Internet.

So relax and ask any questions that pop into your head. (And keep your
sense of humor--I think some of these guys should have been cabbies!)