[OM] Re: Hoya circ pol delamination

Subject: [OM] Re: Hoya circ pol delamination
From: Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:30:08 -0600
Chris,
        I've heard others on the List extolling the virtues of B&W filters.
I beleive they are made of brass instead of aluminum (or is that aluminium
;^)) and are supposed to have excellent optical properties. As for myself I
have an ancient Vivitar 49mm linear polarizer purchased in 1976 and two (49
& 55mm) Tiffen circular polarisers purchased in the last 5 years. In
performance I can see no difference in them although the Tiffens look quite
a bit darker than the old Vivitar. I don't know if this difference is
related to linear vs circular or the difference in age. Hope this helps.

Charlie