[OM] Re: OM is the SAAB of Photography?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM is the SAAB of Photography?
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:29:47 -0700
I have a 1976 Jeep CJ-5 with a healthy V8 engine, winch, and canoe rack. It
carries hi-lift jacks, dead-man anchors, come-alongs, axes, shovels, chains,
and tow straps for those moments of indiscretion that get me stuck. It will
get me and my stuff most anywhere one has any business taking a vehicle
although not with lots of comfort. I paid $2000 for it in 1990 and was
recently offered $6000 for it. It has enough power to scare the shit out of
me but I don't like to drive it over about 60 mph. It also has two built-in
camera supports to shoot out each side of the rig. The best thing is the
fact that my grandkids love to ride in it. I also see no need to spend 55 to
90 thou for a fun toy (ahem, camera support).