[OM] Re: Shoe thread...

Subject: [OM] Re: Shoe thread...
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:27:17 -0500
If you use a metal pin and it touches the center pin, you short out the sync
circuit, making the side socket useless.  Use a plastic /  nylon screw if
possible. If left open, hole can collect dust but inside of camera is sealed
away from it  If screw goes in too far and pushes on contact, it will
possibly push bottom of socket into camera, creating an entrance for dust
and dirt.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.