[OM] Re: 1.4 Teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Re: 1.4 Teleconverter
From: "Daniel Sepke" <fred42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:10:34 -0500
Hi there Joseph,

The Zuiko x1.4 design prevents is from being attached to certain lenses
without it causing serious damage to either it or the lens being attached.
If you check the eSif you will find the list of lenses that it will work
with as well as see a picture that will show its size/shape. I have heard
that there is a Kiron x1.5 that is more flexible if you are looking for a
1.4/1.5 tele converter. Unfortunately it is about as un-common as the Zuiko
but it does have a lower price tag and is not as restricted in use.

Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Joseph Ascione

Does this teleconverter work on zuiko lens other than those identified in
the OM literature?  The real question is this $300+ expenditure worth it if
it may only apply to the 300 mm  f 2.8?  The other lens I would consider its
use on are the 500mm f8, 200mm f4, 90mmf2, 24 mm f2.8, 35-105 zoom & 70-210
zoom? I also have a Sigma 135 f2.8, So it looks like a lot of duplication of
primes that are pretty close? Any thoughts would be great?