[OM] Re: 85/2 vs 90/2 vs 35-105

Subject: [OM] Re: 85/2 vs 90/2 vs 35-105
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:29:08 EST
If you're thinking about carrying one of these around at all, I'd advise to
go with the 85/2 due to weight. I've never owned the 90. Also, for portraits,
if you'd use the 35-105, don't forget that at portraiture focal length you're
probably talking F/4.5 or slower. Will that blur the background enough? It may
not, IMO.  You may "need" the zoom, but for different reasons than needing the
85 or 90. Personally, I don't think these 3 are interchangeable, each is
specifically good for certain things, and for certain reasons.

George S.