[OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:30:56 -0500
Hi Paul, that is what the oly rep said, that it is not likely that
Olympus will pay out for the patented image stabilization technology.
Maybe someday they will be able to do it in a new innovative way. So he
said not to expect IS technology. Olympus fell behind in the autofocus
arena, I hope IS is not a similar fate.

The viewfinder is actually not that bad, but I'm just spoiled by the OM's
viewfinder. The view is not to dissimilar than my xpan, which shouldn't
keep one from taking good pictures. It's just that when I shoot with an OM
I can see so much and predict what the result will be. The smaller viewfinder
of the E-1 is sharp, but is more difficult to judge DOF. Maybe it is just a
matter of getting used to it. The camera handles quite well. It may be that
the E-1 viewfinder is every bit as good as any other digital on the market,
I just wish they were better.

Wayne