[OM] Re: F280 on OM-1

Subject: [OM] Re: F280 on OM-1
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 21:58:51 -0800
On Friday, March 5, 2004, at 04:56  PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> The F280 appears not to have a non-TTL auto mode.  Therefore you can
> only use the F280 in manual mode with the OM-1.  Bummer.

Bummer indeed. I could, as Piers suggests, relearn the GN/distance = ƒ
stop formula...and create a table I could carry with me... Or, I could
look for a T32 or T20.

How often do those of you with OM-3/4's and F280's use the Super FP
mode? It seems like too useful an option to give up.

My main use for a SLR these days is for portraits--family photos, baby
photos. I imagine the Super FP mode could come in handy in Australia,
where it will actually be sunlit and bright some times, as opposed to
Seattle where it's 18% grey 75% of the time. Or in Seattle
July-September.

On the other hand...who knows if I could use my SF20 Leica flash on the
OM-1? Graham? Skip? Or vice versa, use the SF20 on the OM-4ti? (in auto
mode of course, no TTL. ) The contacts are in the right place, but I've
heard tales of high capacity capacitors, delicate electronics and so
on....

-Rob
Seattle