[OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:07:03 -0500
I think the point of the exercise was that the pedestrian 50mm 1.8 OM
Zuiko made an image that (aside from color cast) is essentially
indistinguishable from the Digital 14-54 zoom with both lenses at 50mm
and f/4.

I downloaded the two full size images and compared them carefully side
by side.  I really don't see any significant difference but if pressed
I'd vote for the OM Zuiko on resolution and color rendering.

These were clearly grab-shot images.  Maybe we'd see something different
if the camera had been tripod mounted.  It certainly didn't discourage
me from wanting to mount some OM glass on an E-1.

Did the E-1 and any lens do as well as an MIJ 50mm Zuiko and your
favorite film?  I don't know but that wasn't what the test was about.

Chuck Norcutt