[OM] Re: Sigma lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:40:04 -0800
Nevertheless, my point was about inexpensive plastic lenses in general.
I'm not advocating buying that particular one or arguing whether it will
be a good long term investment, or whether Canon was wise or not. I was
talking about perception vs. reality about the optical performance of
this type of lens design in general. (I could argue that if a lens so
obviously not suited for digital in theory can perform rather well, one
that is so designed should be even better, but choose not to.) The
Sigmas that started this thread and are its subject are specifically
designed for APS size and smaller digital sensors.

Moose