[OM] Re: Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 question

Subject: [OM] Re: Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 question
From: Johan Malmström <johan.malmstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 08:20:08 +0100
Den/At 04-03-02 03.40 skrev/wrote "Moose" <[olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx]>:

> His comment on standardaization in the industry (is MS listening??) was
> "I believe strongly in standards. Everybody should have one."
>
> Moose

Actually, that is a quote by Andrew S. Tanenbaum and should be more like
"The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from.
Furthermore, if you do not like any of them, you can just wait for next
year's model." Tanenbaum is the writer of fine volumes like "Modern
operating systems" and "Computer Networks" (from where the above quote is).

Your brother seems to be a nice chap and have probably these fine books in
his collection.

/ Johan

--
http://privat.johanmalmstrom.se