[OM] Re: OT: How many cameras?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: How many cameras?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:15:16 -0800
on 3/1/04 2:37 AM, Daniel Tan at daniel.tan@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> He's got an ad in the latest phototraders - 107 I think. Lists his OM-3
> for 895. Too pricey for me.
>
> He's got an XA + A16 flash I'm looking at - $160. I think that's on the
> high side. Anyone know what the going price for that camera is?
>
> Dan

Back when the $A was 1/2 the US$ those prices would have been OK. I think
the exchange has shifted some in the last few months.

I think an XA with A-16 flash in good condition price should be $75 to just
over $100 (US$) if in very good condition. The A-16 flash makes the camera
quite a bit bigger, so be sure you want that. I've seen those for $40-50 by
themselves. XA were going in the $45-65 range a few months ago.

I haven't been keeping close watch on the 'bay because with no income
there's no point in watching... and I'd be too tempted to bid on stuff (with
no discipline, either!)
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...