[OM] Re: Inteligent OM adapter was Re: Sigma lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Inteligent OM adapter was Re: Sigma lenses
From: "Daniel Sepke" <fred42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:48:10 -0500
What I was thinking was some sort of programmable profiled system with the
Zuiko line up in it and a default for third party lenses. The contacts must
provide power for aperture/focus electronics as well as reporting back the
lenses settings. I think you are the right lines with the point that most
modern AF lenses are chipped.

Anyway I am just dreaming of a possibility that won't likely come to pass...

Ah well, back to that Attic ladder installation.

Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Winsor Crosby

I think all these modern lenses are "chipped". I imagine that matching
the chip in the lens to the camera is a big deal so a single chip in
the the adaptor would have to detect the lens, focal length, aperture,
focus distance, etc. Don't think that is possible except maybe in
lenses that have their own chips that send that information and then
the adaptor would probably cost more than the appropriate body for the
lens.

Winsor