[OM] Re: OT X-Mex food WAS How many cameras? WAS Re: How old were you?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT X-Mex food WAS How many cameras? WAS Re: How old were you?
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:46:28 +1030
On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 08:43:22PM -0800, Moose wrote:
> I grew up on 'merican food. My mother's idea of Mexican food was a crisp
> u-shaped tortilla, ground beef, cheddar cheese. shredded iceberg lettuce
> and XLNT or Rosarita taco sauce.

This sort of thing is typical of what is touted in the supermarket as
'the authentic taste of Mexico' down under... what can I expect when the
brand name is 'old el paso', which senor marty robbins informs me is
in west texas...

when we have this for dinner, #1 son (aged 11) proceeds to load it up
with authentic Californian sririachi sauce  (a reasonably aggressive
chilli puree) to light it up...!!!

davidt
South Australia