[OM] Re: T-mount (WAS: How old were you?)

Subject: [OM] Re: T-mount (WAS: How old were you?)
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:46:49 +0100
Hi, Gareth and all,

>I asked my uncle to buy me an
>astrophotography adapter for my telescope
[snip]
>When he returned it turned
>out that he had bought me a mount for a Meade ETX, and since I have a
>Meade 8" Starfinder Newtonian it was completely the wrong adapter!

I believe that Newtonian telescopes are less suited for prime-focus
astrophotography than SCTs (like Meade's ETX series).

I've got a 6" Newtonian with a built-in T-mount adapter, just removing the
eyepice holder. Even this way, it *barely* reaches focus. On the other
hand, SCTs have a much longer 'back focus'.

All the best,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://cjss.galeon.com>