[OM] Re: Printing B&W on an Epson 2200-Get a RIP!

Subject: [OM] Re: Printing B&W on an Epson 2200-Get a RIP!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:43:00 -0800
There is a 2200 list over at Yahoo. Fortunately it is not as busy as
this one and more centered on topic.

There is nothing wrong with the driver of the 2200. Although I haven't
done any black and white, the traffic on the list seems to indicate
that while metamerism is greatly reduced from that of the 2000P, it is
still a mild presence that is only irritating to a few. Most people who
care eliminate it by experimenting with some of the myriad third party
profiles that are available everywhere, either free or for a price. I
suspect that the expensive RIP solutions work just because they are
using their own profile. A new profile is easily added to the Epson
driver and Epson just issued 7 or 8 new profiles for the 2200 which can
be dowloaded from their site.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA