[OM] Re: Printing B&W on an Epson 2200-Get a RIP!

Subject: [OM] Re: Printing B&W on an Epson 2200-Get a RIP!
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:14:10 -0500
I've got an Epson 2200, still in the box.  I bought it as an
incentive to rearrange my home office, which, since I'm now
retired, can be put to more pleasurable uses.  I've got a ways to
go with this project, and, exercising unusual self-restraint, I
haven't even had a look at it yet.

But if the problem is with the driver, then why doesn't Epson just
rewrite it and fix it?

And, showing my total ignorance here, what the hell is a RIP?  I
thought that was just something they'd put on my tombstone.

Walt, who intends to print some B&W when the thing is unpacked

A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing
than he needs. -- Mark Twain (defining the cause of Zuikoholism a
century ago)