[OM] Re: OT How many cameras? WAS Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersna

Subject: [OM] Re: OT How many cameras? WAS Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers)
From: Bob_Benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:49:56 -0600
I meant to say,
Wow ... I'm impressed.

BB

----- Forwarded by Bob Benson/Systems/ais on 02/23/2004 10:46 PM -----

Bob_Benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx
02/23/2004 10:42 PM
Please respond to olympus

        To:     olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        [OM] Re: OT How many cameras? WAS Re: How old were you?
(WAS:
whippersnappers)

you're a sick man.
Not because of the zuiko / camera list, and expenditures, and
accumulations ... that's perfectly understandable, and perfectly under
control.
It's that you keep track of it.

Wow

Bob Benson

Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx
02/23/2004 10:34 PM
Please respond to olympus

        To:     <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [OM] Re: OT How many cameras? WAS Re: How old were
you? (WAS:
whippersnappers)

on 2/23/04 2:47 PM, Rob Harrison at robhar@xxxxxx wrote:

> Maybe someone could turn this into a chart too....but to help me
> explain to my lovely wife that my need for another camera body and a
> few more lenses is _totally_ reasonable...
>
> ? How many SLR and interchangeable lens rangefinder camera bodies do
> you own?
>
> ? How many lenses?
>
> ? How many "other" cameras (compact, fixed lens rangefinder, digital,
> medium format folders, etc)?
>
> I'll start:

Tell your wife about me...

I ran some little filters on my spreadsheet of 'OMoney spending' (all
photo-related items, actually) and found:

175 items matching both "camera" and "Olympus" of which
32 appear to be OM bodies of some sort, the rest IS, XA, Infinity, Pen,
etc...

43 items matching "lens" and "Olympus", not all of which are for OM
cameras,
several for Pen F/FT, others auxiliarys for IS series, etc. This wouldn't
include non-Olympus brand for OM, such as Vivitar Series 1, Celestron,
Tokina, etc...

115 items matching just "lens" which could be for Canon, Nikon, Minolta,
Aires, Leica, Braun, Petri, Tokina, Tamron, Sigma, and a few others nobody
ever heard of...

I have a couple 2-1/4 folders, a few Minox's (IIIs, B, C versions), a
couple
of Rolleiflex/cord TLR's, a bunch of half-frame by Canon and Fujica. Some
of
these are fixed-lens rangefinders.

Note that a lot of these are 'for repair' which I didn't pay too much for,
intending them to support my future hobby of camera repair, which I will
start to do someday in earnest...

Its not too many, its not obsessive, and I have it perfectly under
control.
Really. Really I do. I can stop anytime I want. Yes Indeed!

Your wife should be relieved now... <g>
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...