[OM] Re: DC/DSLR decisions was one more for the bokeh pile

Subject: [OM] Re: DC/DSLR decisions was one more for the bokeh pile
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:27:22 -0700
Hi Moose:

I have been following (wallowing) in the lengthy confusion of trying to pick
a model of digicam in an obviously unrefined fast changing turmoil of no
standard or hope of concensus early era. Honest feedback my friends, if you
don't have a really solid reason to own one right now (a REALLY solid
reason) then hold off, don't buy a damned thing. The discussion is great, my
learning curve is going up, but I sense a desperation in many to wishfully
think these cameras that aren't there yet, into what we would like them to
be. I would wager that in 2 years there will be way better choices, more
concensus and best of all cheaper prices. I have a Can*n G1 and it works
well enough for eb*y and school projects and internet. I'm not moving until
I can pick something up in my hand and it screams 'yes, buy me'. Any of
these done that for any of you yet?

Anna Log