[OM] Re: Olympus vs Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus vs Digital
From: john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 00:01:14 +0000 (GMT)
Chris, I agree with your comments. We are gradually making sense of the Can*n.
It does seem a robust, well thought out camera.
There are obvious advantages in being able to preview results, but it just
seems a lot to remember at once.
I suppose I take for granted what I have learned about "Film" over the years,
and using the Olympus now seems second nature. If I go down the digital route
it will probably be scanning in negs and printing with Epson scanner.
  This is becoming much more likely, I went into school to do some printing
(1/2 term) to find the darkroom unusable. Dev trays left out for 5 days and the
whole place left like a tip by an art group :-(  Packs of paper open, Prints
and negs everywhere, including the FLOOR, sink piled high with dirty measuring
jugs,all this in a space about 8' x 6'!
Would have taken 2hrs just to be able to work in there! Closed the door and
walked away. I will go ballistic next week when I see the staff responsible. No
room for dark room at home so scanning becomes the preferred option.

>  from:    Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  date:    Sat, 21 Feb 2004 07:14:18
>  to:      olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>  subject: Re: [OM] Re: Olympus vs Digital
> John
> It is complicated, but it does not take long to sort out.  Programme or
> Auto work well until you start to think about Tv and Av.  It will cost
> you nothing to play with all the controls and take experimental images
> until you are satisfied.
> The red-eye reduction is not infallible, but I am very pleased with the
> G5.
> Chris
> On 19 Feb 2004, at 23:36, john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Well it has finally happened. The Duggan household has gone Digital !
> > As a belated 50th Birthday present my wife now has a Canon G5.

John Duggan,  Wales, UK.