[OM] Re: How old were you?

Subject: [OM] Re: How old were you?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:35:04 -0500
I bought my OM-1 MD and 50mm f/1.4 (plus T-ring and 1-8 screen and
VariMagni finder for the Celestron 8) in the summer of 1976.  Since I
turned 60 last October I must have been 32.  It was a pretty good year.

I had sold or traded (I don't recall which) my Miranda GT.  Although the
OM had the VariMagni it really wasn't a very good substitute for the
interchangeable finders on the Miranda.  The alternatives in
interchangeable finder land had been a Canon or Nikon which I couldn't
afford.

Anyhow, I subsisted for about 8 years with nothing but 50 and 2000mm
lenses and a Vivitar 283.  Then in the 80's I suddenly added a Tamron
24mm f/2.5 an OM-2sp and Zuiko 85/2, 200/4 and a bellows.  Stayed right
there until I ran into this list about 5 or 6 years ago.

Now I have 8 or 9 bodies (half of which are in unknown condition) and
more than 20 lenses.  Lots of 50mm 1.8's and 1.4's and probably half a
dozen Kirons.  My usable cameras are the original OM-1, an OM-2n and two
OM-2sp's.  Usable because they have all been CLA'd by Clint or John.  I
have two OM-PC's which I really like but they need CLA'ing and I never
seem to get around to it.  I also have several 10's and G's ranging from
junk to pristine.  I also have 4 T-32's and perhaps 4 other flashes of
Vivtar and Sunpak derivation.  I have too much stuff.  But I love it.

And with all of this stuff I have never seen or used an OM-3 or OM-4.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA