[OM] Re: Tamron 90mm Question

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 90mm Question
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:42:15 -0800
The Tamron 90mm f2.8 goes 1:1 without an extension tube. Most of the 90mm
f2.5 lenses I've seen have the rubber rings with the lines running the
direction of the lens. I have seen a 90mm f2.5 with a checkered pattern
rubber grip.

Indeed http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/a2-lens/mflens.htm lists a 52B and a
52BB but my computer isn't wanting to show the Japanese characters nor can I
read Japanese. I believe the difference between the two is pretty minor
though.

The only extension tubes I've seen for the 90mm f2.5 are hollow. The Tamron
2x teleconverter is supposed to work fairly well with the lens though.

-jeff