[OM] Re: camera recommendations please

Subject: [OM] Re: camera recommendations please
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 06:21:22 -0500
Piers Hemy wrote:
<snip>
> If you propose to use flash for the wedding exposures, then auto-exposure
> alone is going to be redundant - I think you need to look for TTL flash
> exposure control, and keep in mind that with the OM-4 and T-series flashes
> (which do provide TTL flash exposure control) you will be limited to shutter
> speeds not faster than 1/60s.  The OM-4Ti with F280 allows you to get around
> that limitation.
-------------------------
Far be it from me to argue against a 2s or 4/4T with TTL flash.
However, the job can be done with the OM-1 or even the OM-10 using the T
flashes in auto mode or substituting a 3rd party auto flash such as a
Vivitar 283 or 285 or Sunpak 383 or 511 or 522.

The bigger Sunpaks are the potato masher types and have the advantage of
providing their own flash bracket for mounting the camera. With the
right module a 522 will also do TTL.  There are oodles of 522's selling
for a song on the bay.  There was even an OM dedicated TTL module and
remote sensor that went for $5 recently.

Chuck Norcutt