[OM] Re: Cosina/Espon digital RF

Subject: [OM] Re: Cosina/Espon digital RF
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:36:36 -0500
The Bessa R2 and the discontinued OM-2000 use the same base mechanics, but the
flange-to-film distance is 20.2mm different (Leica m=27.8mm, OM=48mm), as the
Bessa is a rangefinder camera.  The OM-2000 also has the mechanics of the
mirror and pentaprism.  Not withstanding those issues, Cosina is also using the
same chassis to make their new, M42 Pentax-screw Bessamatic SLR.

yawn  yawn.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fall 2005 news flash: Cosina introduces the new, Bessamatic-chameleon 10
Megapixel DSLR.  This new camera, based on the very successfuly Bessa-R-digital
is a new digital SLR camera with interchangable lens mounts.  The base camera
comes with the M42 mount.  Also offered are Canon FD, Nikon F, Olympus OM,
Pentax K and Yashica/Contax. The camera is priced at $1,250, with additional
lens mounts at $79.99 each. . . . . . . .

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!

(My wife just pinched me and I woke up!)

Whew!  What a nightbare as I sold most of my OM lenses last year in 2004.

Skip