[OM] Re: [OT] Billingham 306 'press top'

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Billingham 306 'press top'
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:53:33 -0700
Hi Chris:

I could see how that could happen. (Liking the bags, not Donald being
confused) The Billingham is an old world item, it has character, and has not
succumbed to 'easier substitutes' like plastic for leather, bent metal for
buckles, nylon for canvas. The bag is art. I like the functionality and the
myriad ways that you can use it, the hidden pockets etc. The press top is
well thought out and works better in use than off your shoulder, the strap
is long enough to even wear cross body. There could be a 106 in my future. I
think that your wife's reaction is probably typical, any woman would get a
little concerned when her hubby has more bags than her, but as long as you
don't put her makeup in them or even worse buy matching shoes, it will
probably be OK. It would be good fun to ask her on your way out, "Honey,
does this bag look allright with this outfit?, the shoes go OK?, you don't
think it makes me look fat?"

I'm very pleased, it was a great tip, Thanks.

Gord