[OM] Re: [OT] Billingham 306 'press top'

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Billingham 306 'press top'
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:49:43 -0700
Skip and Donald;

I received the 306 press top yesterday. It is an excellent bag, well thought
out with pockets an pouches inside and out. Skip had asked me what I thought
about the 'press top' version. Now I don't know if all the Billingham cases
have the slip buckle feature on the strap or not. By untabbing and sliding
the buckle about 4" up the strap to a higher tab, it pulls up the ends of
the bag, also along the center of the top on each side of the zipper are two
leather covered strips of graphite, when you pop it open it stays wide open
making everything very accessable. If this isn't clear I could take some
pictures just ask me.  I have not had much time to work with it yet, but it
consumes anything in the OM line with the exception of 400mm and up lenses.
Right now it contains 21, 24, 50, 85, 100, 135, 200, 300 lenses, OM 4 Ti, OM
4, F280 flash, hoods, batteries, dozen rolls of film. There is room for more
like the PB 2 and a T32, but I wouldn't usually carry them along with the
300. Of note too- you can pack less and the bag doesn't feel too big either.
In short, I like it. I had bought the AVEA side pockets but am returning
them, the 306 is big enough without them. I am thanking Skip and Donald for
enabling me. Skip gets the Enabler of the Year award  for offering to pickup
and ship a Domke F6 for me from B&H in New York, which he did. I will give a
contrast on the two bags when I receive the Domke if anyone is interested.

Thanks Gord